Thats the number NPR has been using right along.

-Curt

Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:17:08 -0400
From: "L. Mark Finch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] the pipeline
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Kevin --

Can you steer me to an authoritative source for that information?
It's not that I doubt what you say -- I've heard for years that most
Alaskan oil is exported -- but I'd like to have a more credible-
sounding attribution than "a guy on the Mercedes list" when I start
using that five to eight percent statistic in conversation.

--mf

On Aug 8, 2006, at 12:57 AM, Kevin wrote:

> Either way, it probably isn't going to go up all that appreciably.
> Estimates
> are that the pipeline really only contributes somewhere between
> five and eight
> percent to the west coast supply (since most of that oil is sent
> overseas -
> yes, america exports a LOT of refined fuel), AND that there is
> currently
> somewhat of a surplus of refined fuel in the market right now.
>
> Japan, OTOH, one of the big recipients of the refined fuel that
> comes from
> that pipeline will notice a price spike. A lot of the analysts that
> are
> concerned about the pipeline are from asian countries/companies.

L. Mark Finch
Indianapolis
1982 300D Turbodiesel

starting at 1ยข/min.