Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
http://www.okiebenz.com/pics/603engine/

Supposed to be a 3.5l, they said it was military engine. Looks like it was from a G-wagon. It has a #22 head!!! I bought it for the head but wonder if the engine is good. Do these have the rod bending problems as well. This euro or whatever version, what sort of hp will it have? I have a nice SDL that would love to have a screaming fast 603 in it. Hmmmmmm

I expect it's a 603.97 engine that's been dropped into a boat or some other non-standard application. The government was selling off a lot that came out of '90s diesel Gwagons.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)