Ok, grabbed teenager, dropped by dealer and picked up 5 liters of hydraulic fluid, copper washers, misc other things I needed like power steering filter etc. Parts guy said it's like christmas? Since this was on top of my earlier order two weeks back to get all the other parts I needed. Kinda I said, but my son thinks it's lumps of coal in his socking tho. Also picked up new hose from local hydraulic shop, where they removed the old fittings, silver soldered them onto standard fittings and fitted hose. $50 for that, bargain, well as compared to the vet bill for the male cat who lost some cat fight over the weekend. He's on the sofa, pissed because he's not allowed out for a few days because the stitches need to heal a bit.

So attached new feed hose, hollow bolt, new washers, and new high pressure hose. Last night we drained the muck out of the reservoir, gray and somewhat like motor oil in viscosity, where as the hydraulic fluid is more like water. So pour 2 liters into tank, started up motor, let pump prime and flush new hoses, good, connect to hard line and then flush system for a bit, spare kids standing about bounce on rear bumper, once tank return line flowed clean we were done. So not only did I replace the filter, which was dirty but no surprises, I also dropped a hard disk magnet into the filter assembly to snatch up any metal, much like what I found in the w140.

So since the weekend, we managed to flush all three hydraulic systems, deal with the surprise in the w140 hydraulic filter, flush and replace the power steering filter in the w124, and replace the hydraulic soft hoses in the w123, plus my son pulled the w123 passenger door panel and replaced the faulty vacuum pod and replaced with a used one from the local junkyard. Lastly he noted the door lock assembly seemed busted, a plastic part on the lock normally engages the rod end to open the door by pushing the rod which has a spring assembly in it to allow it to move. However in the past the spring broke, a common issue, and someone bolted the assembly together making it ridged, then some mmm teenager likely tried to open the passenger door with the key and busted the plastic part in the lock.

Later this week, we'll run some diesel purge in the w124 again, and do the w123, plus change the main fuel filter on that, it's due for it's major service now and we'll do a few things to reduce the shop costs a bit. Someday I might graduate to doing the valve adjustments, but not this time, oh and visit the junk yard for a door lock assembly.