Hi all. Last week I bought my wife an '88 190-D 2.5 for $750. AC blows  cold,
everything's fine except for the tranny. Finding a cheap rebuilt is no
problem. But before going that route, I thought I'd ask here re some of the
other
problems it's starting to show.

Like it takes forever for it to start, and I usually have to jump it every
morning. The motor just turns over for several minutes without starting right
off. It's a new Interstate Megatron, so what else might it be?

After I do this, then it'll start easier, but still not normal like the
300-SD.

She's been having to drive it in 3rd gear, because of the tranny problem,
but this morning she called on the way to work, and said it was only going as
fast as 45mph, @ 5000rpms!!

Any ideas? TIA

Joe Sasser
'72 450SL Euro