-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of kevin kraly
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:05 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Looking for someone with a 115 with an AT or at
leastthememory of driving one

Hi, Randy.

The 722.118 transmission in the W115 300D has no vacuum control, just a
control rod.  It should shift depending on accelerator input as any MB
diesel does.  It sounds like your control rod or modulator is out of
adjustment.  Does the kickdown switch work properly?
I think that my next diesel Mercedes will be a W115 300D if I can get my
hands on one.  That's the very car that got me started in the diesel
disease, a "diesease" with no cure other than klatta klatta and more klatta
klatta.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon, between Mercedes diesels