Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:46:08 -0400
From: "Gary Hurst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Are you watching myth busters right now?
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

i've actually run the same experiment on my 81 TD

ran nicely for about 5 miles, albeit it smelled funny.

turns out veggie acts as kind of a solvent and does a nice job of
bringing
all the algae and such into the fuel system.

about 15 inline filters later, all was well

i have some doubts about using veggie long term, but largely because i
consider it unproven.  my neighbor is a veggie nut and he has run maybe
9k
miles on it.

cheap/free fuel is very appealing though, too appealing right now to
think
that veggie is going to go away.  our friend oren will deliver ready to
go
veggie fuel at $1.25 a gallon for those who dont want to mess with it.
or
you can just gather and make your own for cost of your time and effort.