I think DrB answered it last week. 15W-50 does not have the soot carrying
and acid neutralizing capacity of heavy duty diesel truck oil, but it
far exceeds the needs of an OM603, and it mixes just fine with the diesel
truck rated 5w40, so go ahead and buy three qts of it. I've got a couple
of 5 qt jugs of the old 15w50 on hand for my 300SD.

******** Ok, thanks Mitch, the key words were, “far exceeds the needs of an
OM603, and it mixes just fine with the diesel truck rated 5w40”
            I just wanted to reconfirm that. I plan on returning to Delo 400
after that (unless someone buys my 5qt jug of 5W-40 between now and when I’m
due for a change)

Walt Lasher
Seattle
W140  S350