Jeff Zedic wrote:
> How about the fact that most email programs automatically make you
> bottom post. We top posters
> are more willing to go the extra mile and scroll back up.

MS Outlook Express defaults to top-posting.  I usually associate it with
the not-terribly-computer literate, for that reason.

I use top posting in some circumstances -- mostly at work, where I'm
often dealing with tech support personnel who insist on the ENTIRE
original message being quoted.  On mailing lists I prefer bottom posting
because it makes the conversational flow more obvious.  When bottom
posting it's important to trim the quoted text mercilessly, though.  If
there's more than one screenful of quoted text in your message,
something's wrong.  Your own writing should appear "above the fold."