On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, OK Don wrote:
> I've already re-soldered this unit once - but the switches act dirty.
> I bought another one to work on, so I'll see if I can get some de-oxit
> (?) into the switches, then re-solder the thing. There sure are a lot
> of connections on those boards!

Use deoxit. You might want to try the non-aerosol which is 100%. make sure
to work the switch several times after applying it. Follow it with
cailube.  I dunno how the switches in those units are made, but if you can
get to the contacts, tarn-x works wonders (more than one stack switch in a
preamp or scope has been resurrected with tarn-x)...

Oh yeah... completely remove ALL of the old solder and rpelace it with
new. The old stuff is utter crap. Use 63/37 if you can find it, with that
stuff it is quite hard (theoretically impossible) to make a cold joint
(looks good but is bad)

-j.