Just to confirm...  There IS a fuel cutoff or governor or what not on my 83'
300D, correct?  My tach only worked briefly at on point, but I thought my
tranny was shifting near redline.  However, yesterday I tried leaving it in
L while climbing my hill where normally in D it shifts out of 1st around
35mph then back into 1st when the speed drops to around 20mph.  So...
leaving it in 1st, I was hitting 45mph (probably more like 50mph with my
gauge).  It was REALLY revving, but I thought I recalled Marshall or someone
saying that there was a cutoff and these engines were just fine being held
against it for as long as you wanted...

Thanks!
Levi