Let's change the subject.

Took my 1983 300TD with rust holes in the floor and other areas to the body
shop that LT Don recommended in Baileys Crossroads, VA.  The car has 278K
miles and is mechanically sound and well-maintained, and is a joy to drive.

Question:  How much is TOO much to repair all the rust?  Bad areas are the
holey floors, right rear corner, front right jack point area, and left PS
rear door.  I could spend over $3k to do it all, or about $1,200 to take
care of the areas that really need fixing the most.

I may keep or sell the car.

Opinions?  Advice?