In a message dated 8/27/2006 7:09:54 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The  brake lining light on my 124 just started flickering, seemingly
independent  of whether the brake pedal is being pushed or not.  I've
never seen  this kind of intermittent behavior before; when I've needed
new pads, I  think the light has always come on steadily when the pedal
is down.   Is this just a variation on the worn-pads signal, or
something  electrical?  (Shamefully, I've never done the brakes on a
Mercedes  before, so I'm kind of unclear how the wear sensors work and
thus whether  they could reasonably produce a flickery dash  light.)

Isn't the fluid level in the master cylinder the same circuit as the brake
linings sensors?  In other words, a slightly low fluid level could cause  the
flickering you report.

Regards,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ