dave walton wrote:

> A loaded semi is more along the lines of 34,000 - 100,000 lbs
> depending on the number of axles. I don't think it really maters what
> you are driving at that point.

When I mentioned 7,000lb trucks, I was talking about modern everyday
commuter vehicles. (although most don't leave the factory with the
bumper height I mentioned, a lot of fools have lift kits installed
at the dealer before they drive it home)
The one good thing about semi tractors is they have large flat bumpers that
extend fairly low to the ground, unlike the F350 / Hummer / Excursion
CadillacEscalatingArmsRace types.
Even the "minivans" are turning into battering rams. I think the
2002-2005 Kia Sedona takes the prize at nearly 5,000lb, beating the
1972 Olds 98 my brother once owned by a clear margin.

Mitch.