From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Peter Frederick
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:36 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Zerex G-05 in cars that don't need it

Sludge appearing soon is an indication to me that it was already there, just
stuck down in the block.

I've seen some pretty murky stuff in the company vehicles, but that was
DexCool, not G-05.

Any time you change coolant on a vehicle with unknown maintenance, I would
recommend a citric acid flush (fill with 10% citric acid and run till fully
hot, cool and then flush till it's clear) --this will dissolve all that rust
and carbonate sludge that has collected.

I also recommend using at least low mineral content, if not distilled, water
with G-05 (pre bottle recommendation) -- hard water may cause tons of crap
to precipitate.

Peter