I ran a Mercedes 300E 50,000 miles on Mobil-1 with 5,000 oil changes. With
added 2 quarts oil every 5K to replace consumption, the "oil age" calculated
to:

Filter
Change   Average Oil Age
 5,000       3,333
10,000       5,555
15,000       7,037
20,000       8,025
25,000       8,683
30,000       9,122
35,000       9,415
40,000       9,610
45,000       9,740
50,000       9,827

At 50K, I got scared & changed the oil but it was still a light caramel
color and oil analysis showed nothing abnormal. If I'd continued, the
average age would have looked like:

55,000       9,884
60,000       9,923
65,000       9,948
70,000       9,965
75,000       9,976
80,000       9,984
85,000       9,989
90,000       9,992
95,000       9,994
100,000      9,996

My point is, with changing the filter & replacing 2 quarts of oil every 5000
miles, the oil age slows down when approaching 100,000 miles and the average
oil age never crosses 10,000 miles. And Mobil 1 does fine at 10,000 miles.
So, why bother with more expensive Amsoil and an extravagant filtration
system? Why not just do this with Mobil 1 and good filters?

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
256-656-1924
www.kegkits.com