Folks,

I'm working on the Bosnian piano teacher's 1989 300TE again. It has had a persistent ATF leak ....it seems the have been leaking even when the car is NOT running. Anyway, I ran the engine and got under the car. The fluid seemed to be leaking out of the passenger (right) side of the pan. So, I pulled the pan, changed the filter and installed new gasket after making both sealing surface of transmission and pan spotlessly licked clean ...not a speck of dirt or crud. Not having any torque specs, I tightened the 6 bolts to about 15 pounds of torque ...maybe 12.

I started the engine, fluid poured out from the right side. I went under and tightened the bolts on the right side a little more .....it seemed to stop. I placed a clean piece of cardboard under the trans overnight and probably 2 ounces dripped out....maybe that was residual drip. so i'm checking again tonite.

Suggestions? What IS the correct torque for the bolts?

Question ... the kit i bought from rusty included gasket, filter and 2 large and 2 small Al sealing washers. One went under the drain plug ....where are the 2 large ones and the spare small supposed to go (if anywhere).

You can reply to me directly if you wish (  to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  )

thanks in advance!

xx rick
Rick Hawkins

www.javaphoto.com