My son's newly purchased 450 SLC suddenly started making this very loud and
scary sound upon acceleration.  It is heard as well as felt from start to
about 20 mph, and then again on deceleration from that speed but  much milder.
have not as yet hooked up to a 107 site so  apologies to the list, but the
driveline appears similar to my 108, 115  and 300SD (diesel content).

It is only apparent in cockpit as it is neither felt nor heard  while riding
in the trunk.  I had my boy pull me with the truck with  engine both on and
off, but sound not detectable.  It is definitely a  rotational thing and stops
once it shifts to second.

Steve