Messed with it today. You all recall it smokes real bad(well bad but not REAL bad, I have seen worse). Anyway, I found out for sure #1 is not firing at all all. Pulled all the injectors, pop tested them, cleaned out the holes and pulled the prechamber rings. Non were cracked. INstalled new seals and put injectors back in. No change. Swapped out #1 injector for a different one, still the same. With the crossover pipe removed, there is a loud chugga chugga type sound, like a valve sticking, or something like that, either air blowing or air sucking. Should not make that noise. Also the oil pressure seems to be dropping again like there is fuel in the oil. I would assume all the fuel from #1 is washing down into the oil since its not firing at all. Im thinking a valve problem or a cracked ring. Dont think its a delivery valve. While running loosened line #1 at the pump and noted amount of fuel that squirted out. On #2 etc, same amount. So that unscientific test seems to say thats OK. I pulled the valve cover an cranked it over and the valves seemed to go up and down near as I can tell. So what do you think is causing this chugga chugga? Im thinking just pulling the motor and dropping in the other motor/trans I have and be done with it. Just wanted to see what was up with this one first.
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 87 420SEL,