ISP, Bellsouth supposedly fixed something, we'll see?

Harry
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fri Sep 15 15:25:29 2006
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:21:01 -0400
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com,[EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: "J.B. Hebert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Let there be light... please?

With the days getting shorter, I'm finding myself using my headlights
more.  Recently I noticed that on occasion when I switch from high to
low beam, there is a period of a second or two when there is NO
light.  Then the low beams will come on.  Needless to say, this is a
little disconcerting and a safety issue.  I know that the way the
contacts are set up in the combo switch the high and low beams are on
simultaneously in the middle of the throw to allow some overlap and
to presumably eliminate this situation.  The problem only occurs
going from high to low, not the other way around (so far).  I am
unable to reproduce the situation after it occurs by flipping the
switch back and forth.  Does this car have a high/low relay that
could be sticking, or is it more likely the combo switch that needs
replacing?  I haven't had a chance to tear into the wiring diagrams
yet to trace the circuit, but figured someone else might have run
into this situation.  I've had the wiper part of the combo switch
fail twice on a 123 chassis car (broken wire at the solder joint) but
never ran into this headlight problem before.  Car is a '95 E300D.

Thanks in advance.

J.B. Hebert

Current Vehicles:

'76 Ford Bronco