VERY OT.  Speaking of SNL, I think Mad TV is MUCH funnier and more daring
and creative in its skits.  Bobbie Lee is one of the zaniest and best
physical comics alive IMHO.  I don't know the names of the other cast
members, but the one who plays the over-the-top coach persona is also
brilliant.

On 9/19/06, David Brodbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sunil Hari wrote:
> those kind of POS-looking but mechanically excellent cars are my
favorite -
> never stolen, easy to find, no worries about door dings or parking too
close
> to people.  I think there was a SNL skit about a luxury car that came
with a
> beaten-up exterior from the factory to discourage thieves.

The Chameleon XLE.  "They might tow it away, but they'll never steal it."

There's a full transcript here:
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/92/92fchameleon.phtml

It was one of their best ad parodies, I think.  They nailed a lot of the
cliches that were in luxury car ads at the time.

"Every inch of the Chameleon XLE is a pinnacle of urban design.

"There's attention to detail. Like three mismatched wheel covers, and
one exposed rim in school-bus yellow. Standard.

"A broken taillight repaired with duct tape. Standard.

"Retractable antenna. Standard.

"The body of a Pontiac with a driver's-side door from an Oldsmobile
Delta '88. All standard."