Glenn,

Let me understand:
 I changed the Mann filter a few years (i.e., <15 mi.) ago.

Did you mean 15 miles or 15kmiles? and a few year ago

Do you mean the spin off filter? If so, you should replace it.... Take the old one off, pour off the diesel fuel and throw it out. With new filter, fill it with Diesel Purge then reinstall. Car will start easily running on Diesel Purge.

Second. How does the in line clear filter look? If it's dirty, change it out also........ I always used the clear ones so I could check fuel quality/dirtieness!

Maybe preaching to the choir, but thought I'd throw this out there anyway.......

Take care,

Chuck
Phoenix AZ
240,000 miles of experience in my '80 300SD that now lives in Kalamazoo, MI