1 - Turn it via the power steering pump?

2 - Yes. It's just good insurance to change the tensioner when
replacing the chain (as well as the rail).

On 9/26/06, LarryT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
2 questions -
1st - Looking around the front of the engine, it looks near impossible to
get a socket on the crank bolt to turn it.   I guess I can either remove the
radiator and fan or bump the engine until it gets to #1 TDC - is that a
correct assumption?

2nd, while I don't believe my TC is bad at 114k miles, at some point in the
future it will need to be replaced.  Is it appropriate to go ahead and
replace the TC tensioner at the same time?

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK