on 9/28/06 8:45 PM, Curt Raymond at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'll be headed back Saturday for another look. Supposedly they want $1800 but
> would take $1600. We need a third car, its been a rough week carpooling. We
> also need something for my wife to drive that gets better mileage than my
> 12mpg pickup (although a tuneup should get the pickup closer to 18mpg).
>
> So what kind of car is a 280C? I realize there'll be alot of coupe specific
> stuff which is $$ but is it relatively powerful (remember I drive a 190D)?
> Hows the economy? If it could do 19-20mpg I'd be pleased.
> My wife LOVES the look. I'd found a couple 115 cars earlier this year but the
> right car never seems to come up at the right time.

The 280c has classic potential, IMHO. I think they are great looking cars,
and for some reason I prefer the Nader bumpers over the old euro ones, on
that model.

The bad news is that engine won't get you much more MPG than the pickup with
a tuneup. The old european big sixes were not exactly economical....

Mac