From: Peter Merle
Sent: 29 September 2006 03:37 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Transmission not shifting properly

Thanks Dan , will give that a go. I was also told by a very experienced
Merc mechanic that the proshaft flange nut at the end of the
transmission can come loose which results in a low governer pressure
resulting in incorrect shifting.

I tried to remove the rubber coupling and slowly realised that's it's a
major job as one will have to remove the entire propshaft to end to that
flange nut - so have given up on that idea!

PEter