Thanks, Larry, for your input! I still have the new battery that I bought for the 220D project (kept it around because I knew that I'd need it for another Mercedes Diesel). I've dealt with the window switches on my previous W123 cars, so that's not a problem for me. EVERY ONE of my cars has had a leak causing pools of water to form in the footwells, but amazingly enough, none had rusted out floors (lucky, I guess?). the car does have the dusty old Mercedes interior smell, but it doesn't smell like mildew.

I'll keep y'all posted on how it goes.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon