-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of LarryT
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 7:09 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] GP Relay

Howdy,
    After it refused to work for the little woman twice I decided to
replace
the Glow Plug Relay.  The times if failed to work for her, it was
midnght
and she was trying to leave the hospital to come home.  She tried
cranking
it until I told her to stop - didn;t want to fry the starter.  I was
hoping
it would start on compression without the preglow but no luck.   I
convinced
her to keep trying to turn the key back & forth and finally it started.
She
said the preglow light did not come on - and sure enough eventually, the

light came on, and the engine fired right up.  So, even though she got
it
started and came home (she works 1 hour from home) she's on the verge of

losing confidence in it - so I did a troubleshoot and concluded the
relay
must be bad - wiring is good, GPs are new - so it must be the relay/.