Yes they do look nice sitting on the side of the road, it's called breaking down in style. The Brits are very good at styling class into their vehicles, it's just the rest of the engineering that suffers. Like it said on that youtube vid, at the time Mercedes was making the 600, RR where still using drum brakes.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Speaking of Davide Frada, anyone heard anything from him?

Hendrik Riessen wrote:

The last I heard Davide was into Jaguars, he doesn't post on the OZBENZ
(formerly OZVETS) forum anymore. Guess I'll see him one day standing next to
some British pile of crap with steam coming out of the engine bay.

But you must admit, William Lyons designed some beautiful cars. I place the SS, D-type, E-type, and Mark II in that category, and the XJ and XJS were pretty
good looking compared to most cars on the road in the 1970's.