From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 4:47 PM
Subject: [MBZ] dead speaker?

So the  rear speakers in my new SDL do not work.  It has an older
aftermarket radio in it, and the pbu is not working properly so I yank
the radio, and pbu out yesterday.  Splice the wires back like they
should be and install OE radio.  Still not rear speakers.  Crap.  I
spend all day yesterday tracking down why they are not working.  End up
taking darn near the whole inside of the car apart tracing the wires
back thinking the are broken somewhere.  Pulled the rear speakers and
they dont do anything.  They look great, are not blown, but do not work.
  Put in different speakers, work fine.  I have never heard of speakers
just not working.  Have seen the blown, but not dead.  Whats the deal?
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 87 420SEL,