I agree with you.

On 10/21/06, David Brodbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hans Neureiter wrote:
> I think what I bought was junk. I am looking for an alternative to the $
50
> pad + shipping + glue.
> What would a 3/4" thick blue insulation board (like what's on my garage
> door) do?

Maybe catch fire?  I remember for a while some building codes wouldn't
allow that stuff in living areas, because when it got hot it released
toxic fumes.

You don't really *need* the hood pad, IMHO.  The car will be a little
noisier, but not objectionably so.  Also, when it's drizzling outside
and you're stopped in traffic, water will steam off the hood in a
fascinating way. ;)