-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jim Cathey
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 8:36 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] MB Brakes

> A typical American sedan will go 70,000 miles+ before needing its first
> brake job...

A friend's Ford Exploder manages to get 12-20kmi out of a set of brakes.
Automatic transmission, of course.  I was appalled.  I got 150kmi out of
the factory brakes on my Camaro, with a stick shift.  I'd guess I'd get
the same out of nearly any stickshift car with halfway decent brakes.

-- Jim