Hi, All
Sunday was mount the new Tire Rack Kuhmo tyres. The least expensive Powerstar 758's consistent with my poverty stricken state. The break down and remount were carried out on my friends machine with much difficulty, expletive deleted and tea. For the 190DT wheels, 15', ET49, the Habbah Freight manual machine is a poor fit. The bead breaker is a joke, in that it needs more adjustment holes to even approach being useful on MB alloy rims. NOT a great design. The tyre hold down is a 4 legged star that fits over the center mounting shaft and is secured by an odd threaded tube. Said star damages the alloy wheel center as the inadequate bead breaker is deployed. The bar for taking the tyres off worked OK, the other end used to put the tyres back on the rims was poor, (i.i.e.. not quite useless). With pieces of 2x4, leather pads and a lot of sweat, two of us managed to do 5 tyre swaps in one afternoon. Never again!!
I will NOT be buying one!
YMMV
Fred Moir
Lynn MA