Oh yes, that was one of the first things I noticed about the Mercedes
vehicles. They were like a slot car at speed. They felt so stable and
secure as opposed to Detroit iron, which took two hands and white
knuckles to drive over 65 mph.

Tom Potter

I think owning this MB was when I first noticed the way the suspension
changed (or maybe my 69 280SE) --  when I got to around 80mph or so - it

seems to do it in all the MBs I've owned - at high speed the suspension,

like,... changes.... - it kind of 'hunkers down' and the ride gets
sooooo
smmoooooooooth!  It's an amazing feeling actually - it's like being in a

totally diffferent car.  The pavement strips get virtually silent and
the
bumps disappear - and the car seems to float down the road.   I suspect
some
others of you have felt the same thing --