Euan -
Save your money ,and maybe go to a knowledgeable M/B fixer. All the little
shocks do is to dampen out the shaking when you shut off the engine, high
compressions engines shudder a bit as they stop. Have you replaced all three
engine mounts lately? How about the Bellville washers on your header pipe,
are they assembled correctly and tightened per the instructions in the
manual?