I think I found a fixed rod bender. The message below seems to indicate the engine is good and the car might be of interest to the list

Begin forwarded message:

From: craig gottschalk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: November 1, 2006 12:44:37 PM PST
To: Redghost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Biodiesel ready full size Mercedes luxury - $14995

Hi, the engine has a june 1997 build date on it, this was long before i owned it, and there is no record as to what the car's mileage was at the time of the new engine instal, but I have always thought it was done, under Mercedies' silent recall of the original engines. The time frame would have been correct for that. The engine runs great, and uses no oil, the oil level has always been on full at oil change time. A 1997 spec engine, should not have the connecting rod problem. If you have anymore questions, feel free to call me on my cell phone, @ 360-670-5271.
Thanks for your interest in my car.

Sincerely,

Craig Gottschalk

Redghost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

have the connecting rods on the engine been replaced yet? Is it using
oil?

--
Clay
Seattle Bioburner

1972 220D - Gump
1995 E300D - Cleo
1987 300SDL - POS - DOA
The FSM would drive a Diesel Benz

this message was remailed to you via: [EMAIL PROTECTED]