To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] SCL 600

I agree wholeheartedly with you. But the trend to use non serviceable
gizmo's which barely survive the warranty periode is wide spread nowadays.
I have a '97 Riviera, only make my wife ever considered driving until the
E300D came along:
The security system is defeated because of faults.
The memory feature for the seats and mirrors is kaput.
The horn would be on full time if it wasn't for the removed fuse - requires
replacement of the airbag module ($ 850 for the part).
The "automatic" lights go out when passing by a mall at night and will not
come back on - dealer prognosis: replace all associated components, like
module, multi-function switch, sensor and what not ($ 600+ in parts).
My '82 300SD does pretty well, considering.

[SNIP]