On 11/2/06, Jeff Zedic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Somebody, somewhere please tell me why the hell you need those kind of
performance numnbers! Is your peepee THAT small that you need to make up for
it somehow?? When will this kind of lunacy end??

I think part of the problem is that most people don't like pushing the
accelerator down more than a quarter of the way, half-way at the most.
They're only going to use 100 HP, but they want a 300 HP motor in
their Exploder so they can get all the power they want with just a
3/4" movement of the right foot.

I've noticed that in many Japanese cars I've driven this problem seems
to be "solved" by designing in a nonlinear relationship between the
accelerator and the throttle, so that maximum power is, in fact,
available with only the slightest movement of the pedal.  Of course,
this creates its own set of problems.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'93 Isuzu Trooper