Tom,

PUT IT ON A TRUCK or train

The car will be a pain in the rear for anybody to drive that far without cruise control. The weather this time of year and until late May on the route would make somebody think twice before heading out due to storms and just bad driving. Even getting it down I-5 this time of year is iffy with the Siskyous pass snowed in.

Train might be a good option since the shipment of asian cars uses train, and it could slip right on.

I tried the fly and drive option for the POS SDL and that was a real issue. IF you do choose to drive it yourself, have it fully gone over and made fully road worthy. You could fly out and do the full fluids change and valve adjustment prior to heading out.