Christopher McCann wrote:
> this would be a sweet and easy fix. Now the dummy question. If I have a
> multi-meter, How do I check the glow plugs?

The easiest way is to remove the black plastic cover on the fender and
disconnect the plug that connects the glow plug wiring harness to the
relay.  Now select the ohms function on your meter, ground one lead to
the engine block or battery negative terminal, and probe each pin on the
plug with the other lead.  You should read a low resistance for each
one.  (I forget the exact value, and the resistance of the test leads
enters into it, but they should all be roughly equal.)  If one comes up
infinite, or with a very high resistance, either that plug is bad or
it's become disconnected somehow.