So in other words, it's better to keep it against the rev limiter in 2nd or
third than to let the tranny shift and maintain full throttle at a lower
rpm?

Levi

On 11/14/06, Craig McCluskey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:05:31 -0800 (PST) Curt Raymond
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I usually shift around 3500rpm the pip is like 5500 or so. I could feel
> the rev limiter doing its thing and all of a sudden the car coughed and
> spit out a big old cloud of black smoke. Wait a tic, is this what
> Italian Tuneups are really all about?

Yes, that's what they're really all about.

Even better is to climb a long grade at full throttle at redline.

Craig