Donald Snook wrote:
When I left work last night, my power steering was howling as I left the
parking garage. (Car is a 1990 300SEL)   Luckily, I had flushed and
filled the PS several months ago and still had left over fluid in my
trunk. I checked it and it was very low - almost down to the filter
(without the engine running).  I filled it up and the noise when away.
My question is where is the leak.  I looked (quickly) in the darkness
last night and couldn't see anything.  Is there a common place to look?

2nd issue -
Some of you may recall that I was complaining about not having any heat
(or at least it was rare and intermittent).  While I was filling the
power steering fluid I felt the upper and lower radiator hose.  The
upper hose was warm, but the lower hose (i.e. after the Thermostat) was
COLD.   Does this mean that my thermostat is bad or is it just a sign
that I had not driven far enough to get the thermostat to open.
Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL ~135K