Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
When they were brand new with warranty they could be had for that much.

Yeah, but when they were brand new you could go down to Jackie Cooper and buy one in that condition in any color you wanted. Nowadays there are perhaps only twenty left in the whole world in that condition. The market for mint 300SDs has shrunk since then, but not as much as the pool of available cars. Whether or not it is worth $35 is for the shill bidders to decide, but I can easily see how this could be worth as much as a new C-Class.

"Ncie dore panls, to.  I hvae drems aboot droor panls lik that."

Tom