rumor has it that Peter wrote:

> I could not find the reference about using th espreader bars in
> either 114 or 123 service manuals. In fact I could not find the
> alignment section. Looked in group 40 tyres and in group 00. Any
> idea where it is?

It's not there...

I got a stack of PDF files of the _german_ alignment manual. I have
translated a very, very small part of it. I don't know German, but I
used common sense, numerous dictonaries, etc. so _I_ could have the
data I needed to do my own alignment on my W123s

The tech specs PDF that I translated is a 300KB file. I don't have a
good place to post it online, and I'd rather not force all listers to
download the file - so if you are interested in my amateur
translation, let me know and I'll send it direct.

--          Philip, who can't speak german