In a message dated 11/22/2006 9:12:05 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

So...I  rememeber Mr. Jim Friesen telling me about STP Son-of-a-Gun (or maybe
that  303 stuff) and silicone were used in some way but I don't remember
how..

Weatherstrip cement it is...

Bob,

Before you run to the store, you should know that there are about 5 little
clips holding the front of the gasket in place, barely visible and easily
damaged.  You might want to remove the old gasket and see how many you
need/broke
before going.  I am talking 116 but guess that your 123 will be  similar.

I do like stp Sun of a Gun for lubing the gasket before installing but  don't
get any on the corner where the adhesive will go.  The gasket will  push in
dry but why not give it a little preservation help on the dark  sides.

I just did the back doors on my 116 chassis.  The only place you need
adhesive is at the lower front corner of each door.  3M weatherstrip  adhesive
works
fine if applied to both surfaces and allowed to cure before  contact.  A
piece of duct tape across each corner will insure it won't  move.

Good luck,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 264 K miles