It is an om617.951 born in 02/84 Where does that leave me?

  FYI  300SD W126.120

  Thanks
  Chris

Marshall Booth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Christopher McCann wrote:
> Marshall, thanks for your answer.
>
> The idiot at the indy parts desk said that these bolts are NOT torque to
> yield, so we are using the same bolts. You seem to be saying that they ARE
> torque to yield...so we need new bolts...and that also means that since we
> got half way throught the torquing, we wasted the head gasket too, no?
>
> Thanks a million.

Later engines have torque to yield bolts, earlier engines don't. Check
the workshop manual for when they changed over. I have NO idea what you
have. Using the incorrect bolts will not give satisfactory results.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2006 GSD, "Anke"
-1985 300SD, 217K, "Wulf"
-1982 300Dt, 117K, "little blue klatter box"
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, "One Banger"