OK Don wrote:
I think you're going to need to get the car up so that you can get
under it while the engine is running to see where the oil is coming
from. If I had to guess, I'd say it was an oil cooler line spraying
onto the side of the pan. This would only happen under pressure.
There might be an oil level sensor about there on that engine as well
- it might be coming from there, but I'd think it would leak all the
time.

Oil cooler line should ONLY open (and thus leak) when oil is HOT and oil thermostat opens.

Perhaps the injection pump seal ("O" ring) to the block is leaking!

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)