> 240s are a great and durable workhorse, but I'd also recommend the 7-series
> Volvos, which are a great value, and have more usable space.  If I had to
> drive a gasser, and wasn't hip to MBs, I'd be driving either an Audi A4
> wagon or a Volvo 740 wagon.

Will seCOnd the 740 reCommendation.  Have had a '92 740 turbo wagon
for three years- is tough and reliable as an anvil, through
teCHnologiCAlly advanCed as an anvil as well.

Mine i deemed the MulCHwagon- at 215k miles also the designated baCkup
for wHen my MB is wonky.

On an only tangentially related note, would NOT reCOmmend a Toshiba
laptop- as of this morning we're having our third keyboard problem and
the 1 year warranty ended YEsterday.  Freaking great.

Tony Wirtel