From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of kevin kraly
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2006 7:27 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [MBZ] W126 300SD power seats almost done!

Hello everyone!

Now that I have found some wonderful matching seats for my 300SD for a
wonderful price (thanks dennis T), I was ready to tackle the project of
r&r-ing them.  I couldn't move the  seats forward to get at the rear bolts
in the conventional way due to bad switches and bad drive cables in the case

of the driver's seat.  I had to use a 1/4" drive 3/8" 9mm? socket to get
under the runner and get a bite on them which I'm happy to say worked well
although time consuming!!  The driver's seat went in and since it worked ok,

I was able to move the seat in the appropriate direction to line up the
holes and install the bolts.  It's now road ready, at least for the driver!
I have to sit on the floor board until Dad and I tackle the passenger's side

tomorrow hahahahaha!  I got that seat out as well, but since the connector
shell was broken, we've decided to solder the wires already in the connector

to those on the seat using the color code.  Daylight ran out, so it's on
hold for tomorrow.  Then, it's off for a test drive on the cushy seats!
Yeah!

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon
1983 300SD 284K miles, Ursula