OK Don wrote:
> Ouch. Seems those Enzo's always split in half when encountering trees
> and the such - wonder if that's a design feature? Gets the engine away
> from the passengers? Not that it did him much good ---

I suspect they're following the same design theory as Indy and F1 cars.
 The idea is to put the driver in a very strong "pod," then design the
car so that all the other pieces will fly off and dissipate energy in an
accident.  It's pretty common to see racing accidents involving those
cars where the whole back half of the car will come off and the engine
will go cartwheeling down the course, but the driver will be relatively
uninjured.