To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 84 380SL Oil Drain Plug

A friend at work just bought the above car and wants to change the oil.
The oil drain plug takes an allen(hex)wrench. He asked me what size it
takes and I don't know. Anyone have the answer?

I forget offhand.  But these cars can have the oil sucked out the
dipstick tube by a 'Topsider' or other similar doodad available
at marine supply shops.  Much less messy, though the cartridge
oil filter is still a problem.  (Unlike on the diesels.)

-- Jim