Have any of you folks given up on the spring box and gone to foam? The driver's
side seat in my old 115 was a bit
the worse for wear and I tore it apart last summer and rebuilt it somewhat. The
springs seemed intact so I just
changed out padding etc. I debated looking for a new horsehair pad (Rusty has
them I think) but decided to follow
some of the other examples seen on the net and do it myself. I used a leftover
piece of carpet tied to the spring
frame to protect the softer material and then added some of the fibrous
material recommended on one of the net
sites. It looks ok but I would say it is a bit hard. Probably no worse than the
original setup but still hard on
the rear at least in comparison to the bucket seats in my F150 Supercrew. Maybe
I just need to add a bit more of
the fibrous material as it has packed down a bit. However, I begin to wonder if
the answer is to remove the metal
springs and build a seat out of foam. I know the general belief around here
seems to be to keep things pretty
original. Anyone done it and prepared to admit it?

Randy